The one that will never come? The one that never came? With all the rights the people of this country have seen disappear there never was a revolution. What would make the people think there ever will be one?
“The Government will never get my guns.”
“The people will fight back if there is a gun confiscation.”
No. The government is already taking your guns and no-one is fighting back. Some are even helping. Every person who applied for a Concealed Weapons Permit (CWP) has been in league with the government. You have gone to the government and asked “Permission” to exercise a God-given right. And in doing so you have signed a contract giving up that right. You’ve even given up your 5th Amendment right just by filling out the form. You know, the part that says you don’t have to be a witness against yourself.
Juries everyday find people guilty of crimes involving “illegal guns”, generally meaning they are not permitted to own or carry them. But this is a violation of the rights of the person possessing the gun. So why is it allowed?
It is allowed because the people have been conditioned to accept it. And the conditioning will continue and the people will not revolt. They will find more and more excuses to pass more and more laws and through “law enforcement” pick us off one by one until there are none left. They have no reason to go door to door to take your guns because eventually you will give them up.
”But they won’t get MY gun.”
Look at your child or grandchild. Would you hold on to your gun if the only way to feed or clothe that child was by giving up your gun? Would you get in a gun battle with a government entity who would have custody of that child should your efforts fail? You think the government doesn’t already know the answer to these questions?
Look at what you have given up already…
- Freedom of speech… From “Free Speech” zones to fear of the “political climate” people are not only afraid to speak their minds but afraid to be associated with anyone who does.
- Peaceful Assembly…When people are told they must have a “permit” (Permission) to assemble then the right is gone. And anyone who applies for the “permit” has helped to destroy that right. And anyone who has enforced that “permit” has violated the rights of the person who either refused to apply or the person who was coerced into applying for the permit. (“Papers please.”)
- Petitioning the Government for Redress of Grievance… Why does no-one do this? The government should be so bogged down in paperwork there should be time for little else. Oh, that’s right, at some point some government employee will say, “You really should get a lawyer.” Now comes all the lovely fees.
- Unreasonable searches and seizures… “Probable Cause”. Need I say more? The people have been so led to believe that it is OK to “search and/or seize” just because an officer thinks it is OK, especially if “You have nothing to hide.”. Have we really come to the point we think others should have unlimited power over us whether we have anything to hide or not? (If your answer is “Yes” please defriend me on Facebook.)
- To be confronted with witnesses against you…”Confidential informants” The no-see-ums of Law Enforcement. (This alone should get jurors to judge against LE.) Obtaining witnesses in your favor… Not if a judge thinks it brings no merit to the case for whatever reason a judge decides. Who gave them this power?
- Assistance of counsel… I bet you thought that meant a “lawyer”, right? That is what they want you to believe. But “counsel” is anyone who can counsel you on your rights.
- Right to trial by jury… How many have waved this right and paid a fine because a trial would just be too inconvenient? As long as the “state” makes money and it costs them nothing they will continue to harass.
- “nor excessive fines”… We are fined for everything and always in excess. The bait and switch is to call it a “fee” and impose it on everything. And the reasoning is that by going about your daily life you might commit a crime.
- “nor cruel and unusual punishments”… You go to jail just because an officer doesn’t like your attitude, or worse yet, he doesn’t like you. Maybe you are “known” to LE as someone who doesn’t like them depriving people of their rights, maybe they are told to watch for any opportunity to arrest or harass you. (You think these guys won’t enforce any gun law, constitutional or not?)
- Rights retained by the people… The 9th Amendment states that if the people wish to retain their rights there is NOTHING contained in the Constitution that can be construed as to deprive them of that right.
- Your 10th Amendment rights… “States Rights” is what this is pushed as but the last statement is “or, to the people.” How have we managed to let others use this as a way to remove federal power over us just to be replaced by State power? If your tyrant is local is he any less a tyrant?
Recently my Mother passed away and as I jumped through the governments hoops of giving up my rights to settle her affairs (Yeah, they got me).I couldn’t help but wonder how it got to this point.
Because people always give way to government. Why? Because they say they know what is best? What makes them the experts on what is best? “Because things are different now”? How are they different? “They have bigger weapons”? Why do “they” have bigger weapons? Who gave them the right to have bigger weapons? “Because you will go to jail”? Why will you go to jail? Why are juries so dumbed down? What gives the government the right to arrest you for exercising a right?
The capitulation will continue and they will never have to fear a revolution.